Who Is Breathing Life International?
Breathing Life International was birthed from this amazing passage of scripture found in the book of Ezekiel. God not only speaks with the prophet Ezekiel but he commands his participation in the resurrection of dry bones.
The same is true today. God is on the move in this world and he wants our participation in His work of redemption. As God breathes the breath of life into us, we are to do the same with others. The 4 E’s were developed as God breathed life into our team one night where we met. He was laying the foundation of what Breathing Life International is all about. A foundation built upon the creator of the universe wanting to have a relationship with us; encouraging us to be that breathe of life to others.
We realized that what we had encountered over many years in ministry is a vast nation of dry bones. Christians with the life sucked out of them. Many on life-support simply crying out to connect but feeling unnoticed and disposable. We discovered people leaving religion and church; turning their backs on the status quo and the way things have always been done. We found people not truly understanding God and somehow believing all He expects from us is our service and our money. We talked with people beat up and broken down by life; others who had given up on relationships, having found them self-serving, one-sided and dishonest. The list goes on and on and by now I’m sure you get the point!
The life blood of Breathing Life International is to engage with people, breathing life whenever, and wherever we can, to rise up a vast army of healthy believers. Our passion is to encourage people to see themselves as God sees them; as His children, desperately and completely loved! Then when people start to come back to life, provide the tools to equip and empower them to serve Him.
We believe our logo captures the breathing of life into dry bones, and that He uses natural men in supernatural ways to do it!
Statement Of Faith
- We believe that the entire Bible requires our unreserved submission in all areas of life. All of scripture, Old and New Testaments, is uniquely and fully inspired by the Holy Spirit and is the supreme and final authority on all matters of faith and practice.
- We believe in only one God, the sovereign creator of all things, infinitely perfect and eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe that God deserves all of our honor, glory, and praise forever, and we have committed ourselves to worship God in the Biblical balance of spiritual freedom and order.
- We believe Jesus Christ is true God that became true man united in one person.
- He became flesh through His miraculous conception by the Holy Spirit and His virgin birth.
- He died on the cross a sacrifice for our sins.
- On the third day He arose bodily from the dead, and ascended into the presence of God Almighty.
- We believe that the Holy Spirit is equal with the Father and Jesus Christ as being God. We believe in the Holy Spirit’s immediate gracious presence and power through His fruit, gifts and ongoing enablement.
- We believe all people are created in the image of God and eternally loved by Him.
- However, because of our total rebellion against God, all of mankind became estranged from and enemies of God, and while we remain outside of Jesus Christ are eternally condemned by our sinfulness.
- We believe that our salvation is completely dependent upon the work of God’s free grace in Jesus Christ.
- God credits His righteousness to those who put their faith in Christ alone for their salvation, are born again of the Holy Spirit and receive the gift of eternal life.
- Because God gives man eternal life through Jesus Christ, the believer is secure in his or her salvation for eternity.
- Salvation is maintained by the grace and power of God, not by the self-effort of the Christian.
- It is the grace and keeping power of God that gives us this security.
- We believe the true universal church consists of everyone who is united in the one body of Christ through saving faith in Jesus Christ.
- The universal church finds her visible, yet imperfect, expression in local congregations and small groups or gatherings throughout the world.
- We value and respect all of God’s people, past and present, and desire to partner with other churches in solidarity and unity.
- We believe that the purpose the church exists on earth is to obey the Lord Jesus Christ’s command to proclaim the unchanging Gospel throughout the world and to make disciples of all nations.
- We realize that our obedience to Jesus’ great commission will require our total commitment.
The Return of Christ
- We believe that Jesus Christ will come again to the earth to judge the living and the dead, and to consummate history and the eternal plan of God.
- The church’s perfection awaits the return of Jesus Christ.
The End of the World
- We believe that God will perfect His kingdom, and we look forward with confidence and eager anticipation to that day, and to the new heaven and new earth in which righteousness will dwell and God will reign forever.
Statement of Faith
- Genesis 2:7 “And the Lord God formed man from the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and man became a living being.”
- John 20:2 “ And with that He breathed on them and said ‘receive the Holy Spirit.’
- Acts 17:24-25 “ And God who made the world and everything in it, He Himself gives all men life and breath and everything else.
- Ezekiel 37:5 “ This is what the sovereign Lords says to these bones, ‘I will make breath enter you and you will come to life.”
- 2 Corinthians 7:6 “ But God who comforts the downcast comforted us by the coming of Titus.”
- 1 Thessalonians 1:7 “Encouraging, comforting and urging you to live lives worthy of God who calls you into His Kingdom of glory.”
- 1 Thessalonians 5:14 “And we urge you brothers, warn those who are idle, encourage the timid and help the weak.”
- 1 Thessalonians 5:11 “Therefore encourage one another and build each other up.”
Kerry Hogan, President
mentor, small group leader and follower of Jesus
My heart and my passion are for mentoring and discipleship. I love Jesus, His word and desire to live in His grace and love more of the time. My calling is ministry to men in general and to the fatherless in specific. I believe we live in a world where strong role models are in decline and even more significant is the rise of absentee fathers resulting in no role model or guidance at all. This has led to extended adolescence, the “entitlement” mentality and men with no clear purpose in life. It has produced a generation of apathetic, passive men unwilling to lead themselves or families well or accept responsibility for their own actions.
Henry Castillo, Vice-President
While applying stretches and therapy on a patient in the wellness clinic, she discovered that a few years back I had been a local church pastor. She stated that she thought that pastors don’t get to choose to quit and asked me why I left the ministry. It was worded in a way as if she really wanted to say, ”What did you do?” I had heard this many times before and I really didn’t have a convincing answer. But this day, I did. I answered, “I never stopped ministering or pastoring, I am now a “Field Pastor”. I told her that I no longer have the responsibility to lead in a local church facility and wait for the sheep to gather in our building, I go out every day to minister and pastor to sheep out in the fields. God has strategically placed in the field! Wow!! I didn’t even know where that came from. I didn’t even have time to design it in my head. It was right out of the heart!
Bobby Kurbat, Treasurer
While Jesus was having dinner at Levi’s house, many tax collectors and “sinners” were eating with him and his disciples, for there were many who followed him. When the teachers of the law who were Pharisees saw him eating with the “sinners” and tax collectors, they asked his disciples: “Why does he eat with tax collectors and ‘sinners’?
Ron Liufau, Secretary
My name is Ron Liufau and I am privileged to be a part of the Breathing Life International team! We live in the most technology driven, fast paced, information rich, communication capable, global time in history and yet, we still bow down to the simple carpenter that changed the world more dramatically than any of the things I just mentioned… and without the aid of a cell phone! Our God is an awesome God.
I grew up in a small town in northeastern Colorado called Haxtun. 900 or so town folks and about that many farmers made up this place that I loved growing up in. If Norman Rockwell had ever seen Haxtun I’m sure he would have painted it. My life pretty much revolved around school, sports, music and church. I spent every minute I could on my grandfather’s farm and had God taken my suggestion I would have loved to become a farmer. I think the only thing I loved more than farming was a farmer’s daughter. I’ve never had another girlfriend and after 36 years of marriage it seems like it might work out!
Gary Howell, Co-founder
One of the questions I ask when counseling someone is, “what is the primary question that dictates the actions and beliefs of your life?” I usually get a long pause and then a blank stare, until I enter into a little more of a description to the question. What I’m really trying to help them discover is that one thing that moves them, the core reason for why they exist, the overall purpose that drives their direction, actions and fulfillment. When I asked myself that question I was able to conclude that my primary question is “How can I help people.” I was able to define that question by looking back as well as dreaming forward.
Jim Morin, Board Member
I live in Chandler, AZ with my wife and two of my three children. My oldest daughter lives nearby in Tempe, AZ. I moved with my family from Massachusetts to Arizona in 2009 for a job opportunity. I am an Indigo Print Supervisor at District Photo, Inc. District Photo is a print fulfillment company that works with many large retailers on their online consumer based photo offerings. I play bass guitar and enjoy getting together with friends and walking life together. My heart is to come alongside individuals who are shedding religion and learning to live in Father’s affection towards freedom.
Fred Piccirillo, Board Member
My name is Fred. Carrie, my wife of 34 years, and I live in Gilbert Arizona. We have three daughters, one son, two granddaughters, two grandsons, one dog, and four chickens. My children live in the area, so it is nice not having to travel too far to see them. Carrie and I always look forward to when we are all together sharing a meal or just visiting. A jet taking off is 150 decibels, which is loud enough to rupture eardrums. I am convinced we are close to that volume at family gatherings.
Brian Froelich, Board Member
Bio Coming Soon
Bill McCance, Board Member
Bio Coming Soon